Laos – a beautiful and peaceful Asian country, enchanted with solemn pagodas, magnificent waterfalls, unique Buddha statues and friendly and hospitable smiles.With special cultural features, temples with unique architecture, delicious food suitable for everyone’s taste, Laos is a destination that many young people choose during their journey of discovery.
The climate of Laos is the tropical climate of the monsoon region with two distinct seasons: rainy season and dry season. The rainy season lasts from May to November, followed by the dry season from December to April next year, which can also be considered as the best time to travel to Laos according to Laos travel guides, at this time, the temperature on average about 15-30 degrees Celsius.
2. Laos travel guides – How to travel to Laos from Vietnam?
At the border gate of Laos, the procedures for sealing and paying fees are VND 20,000 – VND 50,000 (depending on each time, Saturday and Sunday, the higher amount and between the different border crossings, the rate is different together).
There are currently 7 international border gates between Vietnam and Laos, open from 7am to 5pm
• Tay Trang (Dien Bien) – Sop Hun: Daily bus from Dien Bien Phu to Muang Khua at 5:30 am
• Cat (Thanh Hoa) – Nam Xoi.
• Nam Can (Nghe An) – Nam Khan: This gate is very popular for road travelers. From Vinh to Phonsavan bus (about 403 km and take 12 hours by car) departs at 6 am on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, cost about 145,000 VND. There are also buses to Luang Prabang (about 690km) departing at 6am on Wednesdays and Sundays, costing about 325,000 dong.
• Treo Bridge (Ha Tinh) – Nam Pha: This gate is another option of the road travelers. Not far from Vinh city about 100km.
• Cha Lo (Quang Binh) – Na Phao.
• Lao Bao (Quang Tri) – Daen Savanh: This is the first border gate between Laos and Vietnam open to international visitors. It is very popular for a long time, but now there are more other gates that tourists can go through. Therefore, it is no longer a popular gate for tourists as before, although it is still a gateway for us to Laos. Laos travel guides, you should consider and choose the most appropriate gate.
• Bo Y (Kon Tum) – Phou Keua: At Ngoc Hoi, you can take the car through the Bo Y border, from here you can catch the car to Attapeu.
Laos travel guides, from Vietnam through Laos there are many forms:
Currently, Vietnam Airlines operates regular flights from Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi to Laos with round-trip fares ranging from 5 million to 8 million. In addition, Lao Airlines also has flights from Hanoi to Vientiane, but with limited flight.
There are no direct trains to Laos, however we can make use of the railway system in Vietnam to limit transit times by bus.
You can buy tickets to Da Nang, Hue, or Vinh and from these places you can buy bus tickets straight through Laos by road.
• Saigon – Da Nang price: 335,000 – 800,000 VND
• Saigon – Hue price: 365,000 – 800,000 VND
• Sai Gon – Vinh from: 490,000 to 1,050,000 dong
With experience of Laos travel guides, the nearest is to Vinh , then drive to Ha Tinh and then to Laos through Cau Treo.
• Hanoi – Vinh price: 135,000 – 245,000 VND
This is probably the most preferred way of Laos travel guides, because flexibility in time and cost is also the lowest.
Almost there is no official car from HCMC. If you want to go to Laos, you have to go through a few transports through some of the following locations:
• Kon Tum: You can take the car straight to Paske (Travel time about 16 hours) or take the car to Ngoc Hoi, and from here take the car to Paske for Laos travel guides
• Da Nang: It is easy to get to Vientiane (11 hours) or Savanakhet (about 6 hours) through Lao Bao border gate. There are three times a week on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Depart from 8:00 am to Laos at 2:00 am the next morning. Ticket price is about 290,000 VND.
• Hue: The density of vehicles to Laos is more than Da Nang. Almost every day there is a car to Savannakhet (about 415km, 8 hours). This can be considered as the easiest route to Laos. There are 3 departures daily, departing at 9:30 am in the West Backpacking area on Nguyen Tri Phuong, Hung Vuong, Pham Ngu Lao.
Moving from Hanoi is easier based on Laos travel guides, as it is closer to Saigon, so the car goes from here too.
• Hanoi – Vientiane: 350,000 – 400,000 VND, about 850km, via Cau Treo (Vinh) border gate. Time goes from 18h30 to 16h the next day.
• Hanoi – Savannakhet: (900km). Time goes from 18h30 to 18h the next day.
• 1. Camel Company: 3A Nguyen Gia Thieu (near Laos Embassy)
• Passenger car company 14: 35B Nguyen Huy Tuong
• 3. Underground Car Station
* Fares may vary from time to time and are subject to availability, Laos travel guides
The cheapest way is to take the local bus, which means you pick up the car to the gate then pick up motorbike taxi from the Vietnam border – Laos border, then from Laos border, pick up the bus to the provinces of Laos. However, this method is quite tired and sometimes it takes our time, because we can not know the exact departure time of the car here.
3. Tips to save money with Laos travel guides
In Laos, the main means of transportation are tuk tuk and pickup trucks. You must have a hat, mask, sunglasses, sunscreen (for summer) and gloves to protect yourself.
You should wear soft shoes because you will have to walk quite between the nearby attractions.
If you travel in crowds, ask them to discount, in addition you can rent a bicycle to visit.
Travel with tuk tuk to other travelers for savings.
Buy a pickup ticket one day and do not buy a round trip. To any destination should ask about the route to the next place before the tour.
Laotians are relatively benign and easy going. At tourist sites they accept the use of different currencies such as Kip (Laos), Baht (Thai), USD (USA). According to Laos travel guides, if you travel to countryside, it’s really difficult for you to find someone speaking English, so you should change your money in big city or before traveling to Laos. In Hanoi, you can exchange Kip money at a Lao bank (BCE) or a Lao – Viet joint venture bank on Ha Trung street. You can bring USD or Vietnamese currency to exchange at the border, the exchange rate is not very different.